DISC Behavioural Tool kit
Why Do We Do What We Do?
Understanding people’s behavioural styles
Businesses around the world are adopting the language of DiSC to help them make improvements to individual, team and organisational performance, all of which will have a direct impact on the bottom line.
DiSC is an assessment methodology that has been used by over 50 million people worldwide to improve work productivity, teamwork, and communication.
DiSC is a non-judgmental, easy to learn methodology and language that helps people understand their personal preferences and work better together. It gives them a language to discuss their differences and allows individuals to minimise their weaknesses and play to their strengths. It also identifies what motivates an individual and what stresses them.
What is DiSC?
DiSC is a model of human behaviour that helps people understand “Why they do what they do!” DiSC behavioural profiles are used to identify an individual’s style of behaviour by understanding their underlying thinking patterns and how this impacts on their behaviour.
These four aspects and their characteristics are:
- Dominance – goal orientated, independent and forceful
- Influence - outgoing, optimistic and friendly
- Steadiness – patient, humble and even-tempered
- Conscientiousness – precise, details and systematic
Each individual is a unique blend of all four, but will probably have 1 or 2 stronger aspects of behaviour.
How Can DiSC Help?
DiSC can help individuals and teams:
- Increase their awareness of individual behavioural styles
- Understand what motivates and stresses them
- Identify how they solve problems and respond to conflict
- Learn how to adapt their own styles to get the best out of their relationships with other people
- Improve team working and reduce conflict within the team
- Help leaders understand the motivations and priorities of their team members
How is DiSC Used?
No matter what type or size of organisation you work in, there are a range of DiSC behavioural profiling and training solutions to help you:
- Build productive and high performing teams
- Develop authentic inspirational leaders and effective managers
- Improve customer service and complaint handling
- Ease frustrations and interpersonal conflict
- Enhance communication with stakeholders
- Develop, implement and manage change
- Reduce conflict
- Improve personal diversity awareness and recognition
- Increase sales performance
- Assist in the recruiting and retaining of staff
What are the Benefits of Using DiSC?
Organisations and individuals who use DiSC experience improved communications, more effective team dynamics, reduced conflict, more productive sales conversations and higher levels of motivation, all of which can improve the bottom line.
John Garrod - Certified DiSC Behavioural Profiler and Trainer
John Garrod – Founder of Bridge Coaching is a Certified DiSC Behavioural Profiler and Trainer who has worked with many hundreds of individuals helping them to understand themselves and have improved working relationships with those around them.
This one tool can have a profound impact on individual, team and business performance and bottom line results.
If required, John will develop a bespoke training and coaching solution to meet the specific needs of your organisation.